05 June, 2012

Making Progress

OK, so recovery progress has been a little slow . . .
 
 

I feel fine but the doctor's list of things I cannot do for another four weeks is long.  So, while I am not able to do all that I want to do, YET, I have been doing a little hand piecing.  I work most often with my sewing machines but it is always nice to have some handwork to do too. 





This LeMoyne Star project has been on my 'to do' list for years.  It is inspired by a variety of antique quilts that I have had the great pleasure to see from time to time. Even the quilting will be inspired by an antique zigzag quilt sold on an online auction many years ago; I missed adding the piece to my collection by just a few dollars. My consolation is the inspiration to make one of my own.



As you can see I love to use baskets in my studio. Sitting on my cutting table I have a small sewing basket for handwork at home, another basket for my pressing supplies, and even a basket for each PIP (Project in Progress). Since this project is a take-along I also have a handy clear plastic tote that I can throw into my bag on the way out the door. It never ceases to amaze me how much can be done in the few minutes here and there waiting for appointments and such.

How do you keep your PIP's together?

As of today I have 13 blocks finished.

I will need forty-nine 7-inch scrappy star blocks that are pieced with a wide variety of fabrics from my stash.  The block backgrounds are all solid off white.  I am doing my best NOT to purchase any fabrics for this project. With one exception. The setting triangles and border will be made from the large floral print called Chestnut & Vine by Faye Burgos for Marcus Fabrics purchased at a local fabric stop several weeks ago. That purchase helped inspire me to get this project started. 

I have the diamonds marked for another 7 stars so it is time to get back to work . . .

Gelukkig quilt te maken!

No comments: