20 January, 2012

Batik Sterren Quilt

'Seeing Stars' is a quilt I am making for my 7-year-old grandson. 

I don't often work in batiks yet I have quite a few in my stash. Sometimes they are simply irresistable! 

This quilt includes 13 stars in 3 different sizes; 6, 9 and 12 inches. The stars are cut form a variety of yellows and golds and assembled into blocks. The star blocks are then surrounded by squares of randomly chosen colors pieced togther so that the stars are scattered across the quilt - something like stars in the night sky.

It is hanging in my studio waiting to be quilted. While it hangs I can contemplate how I will quilt it. The quilting on this will begin immediatly after I finish quilting the Zuster Quilts.

I hope I am not the only quilter with more than one PIP ('Project In Progress') at any given time!

Hier is te zien sterren!

No comments: