07 March, 2012

Sow-A-Long Blocks 7, 8 and 9

I have been spending some quality time with fabric, needles and thread.  I will try to catch up with posts in the next few days. 

Today, being the 1st Wednesday in March, means the third installment of the Barrister's Sow-A-Long blocks were posted.

As you can see, the blocks 7, 8 and 9 are:

Churn Dash, Broken Dishes and Basket.

I am doing these blocks in shades of blue with a light tan print background.  I think this will compliment another quilt I have in progress that is multiple shades of blue with a light muslin.

I would like to share what I hope will be a helpful hint to anyone working on these little blocks.  When you assemble the basket block, press your seams toward the background. 

And when you do a final assembly, clip the seam right next to the opened intersection so that the triangle piece can lay flat. Be careful not to clip your stitches. It helps the block lay nice and flat. 

No worries! I have been doing this for years with no problems.  By the time the quilt is assembled and quilted this little clip will be all safe and sound.  The flatter block will help reduce bulk to quilt through.

Ik wens u gelukkig piecing!

No comments: