26 February, 2012

Sow-A-Long

Yesterday I bit the bullet and made a commitment to participate Barrister's Sow-A-Long challenge.  You can find details at her blog Barrister's Block.

The challenge started on 1 February 2012 with the first 3 blocks, Basket Weave, Contrary Wife, and Big Dipper.  Here are my first three blocks.




This well-organized project is set up to be a biweeklyish undertaking. Three new blocks are posted on the first and third Wednesday of each month.  Each block should finish 6 inches.  Of course, since I did not commit to this project until just yesterday (2/25) I started out behind.  

No worries!  After claiming today as mine to spend in my studio here are the blocks for the second week.  Their names are Autumn Tints, Box, and Calico Puzzle. 




To make the most of the time I have in my studio I love to listen to music or audio books.  For today's listening pleasure I have enjoyed Jennifer Chiaverini's 'The New Year's Quilt'.  Have you read it?

Now that I am caught up with the Sow-A-Long, and there is still time in the day to work on another project I think I will pull out a small PIP (Project In Progress) to see what I might be able to finish while my DH and daughters watch the Nascar race on television.  Daytona Race Day is a tradition in our house.  :-)

Update: The race in Daytona, Florida was rain delayed until Monday which I understand is a first in Nascar history.  Thankfully my day in the studio wasn't delayed!

Geniet van je dag!