09 February, 2012

Waiting for Spring

Yesterday it snowed just enough to make things look wintry.


Our Wood Shop

Today the sun is shining and the temperature is predicted to be 44°F.
This  small bit of snow will disappear quickly.
I wish the terrible cold I have this week would melt away with the snow.

On the side of the wood shop is our 'quilt shop sign collection.' 
'Splinters & Threads' is the sign my dear hubby sandblasted into wood
when we opened our quilt shop many years ago.
The other sign was on a friend's quilt shop - she gave us the sign
when she closed her business a few years ago.
Two of anything is a collection . . .


This is Abbie.
She is our 11-month-old lab/golden retriever puppy.
She is also part of a collection of two dogs. 
Abbie does not like two things:
1) Snow on her feet; and
2) When her peeps sneeze!

I am looking forward to spending some quality time in my studio today
with my cough drops and tissue box close at hand
while we wait for the snow to melt.
Quilt making is the best medicine I know.

Fijne dag!

No comments: